POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 May 2007 05:42:39
Message: <4659528f@news.povray.org>
Now, my friends, compare this image with the preceding one in Take 5. Very
similar? Not so! (forget about the red walls. They here for fun only)

From top to bottom:
- The hat has been uv mapped and seamed properly.
- The t-shirt: I exported the conforming t-shirt to Silo (had to do it
through Poseray for some reason), combined all the meshes, merged the
ovelapping vertices, corrected some wrong geometry, exported again to a
.obj, and imported it in Poser where I made it a dynamic cloth in the Cloth
Room. Look how the cloth falls much more naturally about the figure!!
- The pantaloon: I added seams at the base of the trousers, thus correcting
greatly the stretching of the map.

Note: Stephen mentioned end-caps when exporting the conforming clothes. I
think this is due to problems with the Wings3D import (I experienced that
also on other mesh imports). End-caps do not happen in Silo, nor will they
happen I believe in Blender. Note however, that the exported object may have
numerous wrong faces (invisible in fact) so do not subdivide the mesh
further or you will have to correct them.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Poser_figuretest_08c.jpg' (64 KB)

Preview of image 'Poser_figuretest_08c.jpg'
Poser_figuretest_08c.jpg